The Official site for Desert Downs BMX Track By Transmountain Optimist Club. El Paso, Texas
RULES FOR Riders and Parents
*If an individual has a problem with someone's actions, and/or statements, we recommend that you first bring it up with that person, privately. Discuss the issue, respectfully (no one likes to be yelled at). If there is continued problems, issues, please bring it to a track official's attention to mediate the situation. Remember, we are trying to teach our children how to flourish in life, and the future.
**Although you may disagree with someone's view. It is okay to disagree and still be friends, or friendly to each other.
1. Never argue with an Official or Marshall.
2. Ride to enjoy and improve your skills.
3. Co-operate with your co-riders, officials and track marshals, because without them there would not be racing.
4. No rider / parent / spectator is to make offensive, disparaging or insulting remarks about any rider, official or volunteer.
5. No rider / parent / spectator is to make threats or use physical violence towards any other competitor, official or spectator.
6. Where an event or competition necessitates accommodation away from the normal residence,
including but not restricted to motels, hotels, caravan parks, shopping centers, before and after racing hours this code of conduct applies.
7. Competitors will be held accountable for the actions of their parents, other family members /
relations, team managers or any other persons in their company at a BMX competition or event. Any misconduct on the part of any of these persons may, at the discretion of a race director or official, result in the disqualification or suspension of the rider and the removal of the offending persons from the track area.
8. No unsportsmanlike behavior or intentional abuse to a rider or equipment will be tolerated.
9. Officials will not tolerate any behavior or conduct which brings the sport into disrepute.
10. All riders must be in proper riding attire for all practices and racing. This includes approved helmet and gloves. ***At the T.O.’s discretion due to heat, attire can be amended.
11. Encourage your child to always ride by the rules.
12. Focus upon your child’s efforts and performances, rather than the race result (trying their best).
13. Assist your child to set realistic goals related to his/her ability and reduce the emphasis on winning.
14. Children learn by example. Applaud good racing by all riders.
15. Do not publicly question an official’s judgement, and never their honesty.
16. Recognize the value and importance of all volunteers. Help and support them whenever you can.
17. Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake, constructive advice is encouraged.
18. The consumption of illegal drugs, performance enhancing drugs by competitors / parents/
spectators at any BMX event is prohibited. Alcohol is accepted in certain areas at the discretion of the Track Operator or Transmountain Optimist President.
19. The smoking of cigarettes is not encouraged and is strongly discouraged at BMX venues. It Must be 50 away from any sanctioned event. We do have a smoking section designated.
20. No running onto track if your rider/child falls, track officials will assess the situation, and if deemed necessary you will be notified to come onto the track.
21. NO SANDBAGGING allowed. This will be strictly enforced by USA BMX rules.
22. Officials will report all breaches of the behavior code to the Track Operator, and they will make the determination weather to USA BMX. Board of Management and apply penalties in accordance with the rules.